Wren Community Hall

Address:  35515 Kings Valley Highway, Philomath, OR 97370

Directions:  The Wren Community Hall is located 5 miles west of Philomath proper, about 1.25 miles north on Highway 223 (Kings Valley Highway).  It is just north of Cardwell Hill Road, on the east side of the highway.

 

Historical Background

In 1938, the Raymond Investment Company donated 1.2 acres of land to the Wren Community Club to be used for community functions and basketball for the local school children. Neighbors and mill owners contributed lumber, time and talents to build the Wren Community Hall which stands on that property and is now an historic building. For many years it was used as the local voting site and, until Spring 2005, was used as the indoor horseshoe courts for regional players.

The Wren Community Hall has long been been in need of TLC, and Wren Community Club members have been involved in the process of bringing the building back to a functional state. After many years without plumbing, we now have running water and indoor restrooms! Community events are regularly hosted at the Wren Community Hall and the building is now available for use by members and the general public. 

Available For Events

The Wren Community Hall serves as the central location for community activities.  The Hall is also available to rent for private parties such as receptions, memorial services, dances, etc. The Wren Community Club (WCC) manages and oversees the use of the Wren Community Hall.

For information and reservations, please contact Vickie Nunnemaker at 541-929-3898. Non-Wren groups may use the building and grounds as available. (See Building Use Documents).  




Subpages (1): Building Use Documents